As, she’s managed to keep my brother, sister and myself alive I have a lot of time for her advice and have a new found respect for the saying ‘Mum knows best’.
So, with her advice, mothercare’s hospital bag list (you can find it on their website) and a few of my favourite knick knacks this is my hospital bag list:
- A BIG bag…I’m taking my yummy mummy changing bag as well as a hand luggage suitcase (I suffer from over packing).
- 2 x nursing nighties, 2 x nursing bra, set of pj’s, super soft tracksuit bottoms, 2 x nursing vest tops, maternity pants, dressing gown, socks and slippers.
- Toiletries bag – Shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, flannel, make-up, make-up remover wipes, hairbrush, hair ties, deodorant, evian spray, nipple cream/pads, maternity pads (they look like kites!!) and a chapstick.
- Exercise Ball
- Breast feeding pillow
- Iphone, mini speaker, earphones, charger and prenatal notes
- Sweets, crisps, chewing gum and bottled water.
- 3 x baby vests
- 3 x babygrows
- coming home outfit (complete with fluffy hat and mittens)
- scratch mittens
- 1 packet of pampers newborn nappies
- 1 packet of nappy sacks
- baby wipes
- 2 x dummies
- 3 x muslin squares
- cotton wool
- her first teddy
- Car seat (installed in the car, not in the bag).
And I think that’s everything, I’m sure there will be some last mintue changes when D-day arrives, if there are any items you think are a hospital must-have then please let me know! xx